Georgetown Radiology performs research in a wide variety of areas, including:
- Uterine fibroid embolization
- Abdominal and pelvic MRI
- Radiofrequency ablation of lung tumors
- Stroke therapies
- Interventional oncology
- Technological advancements in ultrasound
American College of Gastroenterology Meeting 2010
- Susan M. Ascher, MD - Non-Ovarian Cystic Lesions
- Susan M. Ascher, MD - Case for Space
- Susan M. Ascher, MD - References
Launched in the 1980s, the associated Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center, a medical research and development organization, specializes in information and imaging technology for global biosurveillance, medical informatics, imaging science, and medical robotics. This research team manages more than 50 research projects that are funded by various government agencies and commercial partners.
- Computer-Aided Interventions and Medical Robotics
- eHealth and Telemedicine
- Advanced Cancer Imaging
- Computer Aided Diagnosis and Imaging
- Information Assurance and Informatics
- Health Information Systems Enterprise Architecture
- Integrated Biodefense
- Information Technology and Engineering
- Technology Assessment and Management
There are also significant collaborations between the Department and the nearby National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Resident and Fellow participation in research is strongly encouraged.